Published June 6, 2011 by Download Software
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 is a comprehensive data protection tool. The application protects you from viruses and malware, unknown threats and Internet fraud.
The multifaceted protection covers all channels for data transfer and exchange. Flexible configuration provided for each protection component lets users adapt Kaspersky Anti-Virus to their specific needs.
- File security detection. A function to define the file security before starting work with it has been added. For example, if you downloaded a file from the Internet and you doubt its security, check its reputation in Kaspersky Security Network.
- Intellectual system of updates downloading has been implemented. This system allows to download databases for the enabled application components, thus minimizing the volume of the downloaded updates and the time needed for download.
- Technologies of rootkit detection (rootkit is a program designed to hide the fact of system infection) have been significantly improved.
- Protection against phishing has been improved: information about the availability of a particular resource is first checked in the local database of phishing websites stored on Kaspersky Lab servers. Next, a request is sent to the “cloud” (Kaspersky Security Network), If there is no information in the two sources, heuristic analysis is carried out.
- The URL Advisor module has been enhanced. The process of determining the level of danger utilizes information not only from the databases of malicious and phishing URLs but also from the databases located on Kaspersky Lab servers. The URL Advisor module informs you of potential danger of a web-site even before you click the link. Furthermore, URL Advisor allows you to specify unwanted categories of web sites (such as “pornography”, “cruelty and violence“).
- The application’s efficiency has been improved and its impact on the computer’s performance significantly reduced.
- The impact of the application on the system performance has been optimized for the most common online user scenarios: watching movies (including high-resolution (HDTV)), listening to the radio, searching and browsing websites, making calls via VoIP (Skype and etc.), online games and etc.
- Touch-screen support is added.
- The function to view tasks execution has been implemented within Task Manager. The function allows you to define how the system resources are consumed and review the status of executed tasks, thus optimizing computer resources.
- Kaspersky Desktop Gadget has been significantly enhanced (for Windows Vista/7 only). The list of additional actions, whose response can be configured from the gadget, is increased. The added actions include update start, virtual keyboard, list of problems and etc.
New in the application interface:
- The Task Manager, which allows you to view all completed scan tasks and those in progress, has been added.
- The redesigned interface of the main window now allows you to view all the necessary information about the computer protection status, activity of protection components, update status of anti-virus databases, and license validity period.
- The section providing information about the cloud protection, has been added.
- The search by key word, which allows you to find the required settings or functionality from the main window, has been added.
- Viewing of Kaspersky Lab news has been optimized.
- The support of touchscreens has been added.
- Application reports are easy-to-see.
- The gadget’s design has been improved; also, the list of actions that can be performed using the gadget, has been expanded.
- The procedure for searching incompatible software has been improved, which allows to avoid conflicts between applications.
- The list of an application’s actions that you can roll back if that application is considered to be malicious, has been expanded.
- The System Watcher technology has been improved: not only does it now collect information about actions performed by an application during the current session, but it also collects information during all the previous sessions.
- The application threat rating technology, which is based on the analysis of applications’ behavior in other users’ systems, has been improved.
- The option of checking the reputation of an application, its threat rating, and usage statistics from other users before running that application, has been added.
- The functionality of Kaspersky URL Advisor has been improved: the option of viewing additional information about categories of websites has been added.
- The list of supported web browsers has been expanded.
- The cloud protection has been significantly improved. A blend of cloud technologies and traditional signature methods ensures a high level of protection for your computer regardless of whether it is connected to the Internet constantly or not.
- Download of updates has been accelerated. The update process does not impact other running applications, conceding them priority in using the hard drive.
- Efficiency of protection against rootkits has been increased: the technologies designed for preventing the loading process of the operating system from being intercepted by malware, have been improved.
- The self-defense technology has been improved: it is now active since the very beginning of the application installation process, preventing attempts of disabling the anti-virus protection; it can be disabled upon the user’s request only. The application’s impact on the operating system’s performance and the user’s typical operations has been reduced. For example, the impact on the operating system’s loading time and the applications’ launching time has been reduced.
- The procedures of activating the application, purchasing and renewing the license have been simplified, as well as switching from the trial version to the commercial one.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 0.0.374