Published April 20, 2012 by Download Software
iSpy uses your webcams and microphones to detect and record movement or sound and provides security, surveillance, monitoring and alerting services. Any media that is captured is compressed to flash video and made available, securely over the web. iSpy can be setup to run on multiple computers simultaneously.
iSpy is free, open-source software, so if you want it to do anything else, please download the source code and customize it to your requirements.
- Connect and monitor as many cameras and microphones as you like. Import and export object lists to share with colleagues.
- Connect multiple computers in a group and manage over the web
- Install iSpy Server and publish your webcam to other instances of iSpy, over your network and to the web
- Detect, highlight, track and record movement
- Customise movement detection areas on your cameras
- Detect and record sound
- Run any program or send an email or SMS alert when movement or sound is detected
- Run any program or send an email or SMS alert when movement or sound is not detected (monitor machinery or staff activity)
- Receive email movement alerts with attached frame grab images from your webcams
- Periodically receive image grabs via email from your webcams
- Connect to any device, even webcams attached to other computers with JPEG, MJPEG, IP Cam, webcam and AVI file support
- Watch live and recorded media over the web (through this website) and also via mobile devices
- Access and control iSpy remotely
- Password protect iSpy and hide it in the System Tray
- Schedule sound and video capturing to start and stop automatically
- Time-lapse record from any camera
- Motion track and count moving objects
- Connect multiple instances of iSpy and iSpy server running on different computers to this website and view all aggregated media online
- Create groups, invite friends and share access to your webcams and microphones
- Receive email alerts if your connection goes offline
- Download the source code and customize it to your own requirements!
- Fixed auto restart for cameras (interrupted sources) – ispy will now try to reconnect automatically every 10 seconds.
- Added reconnect interval for all video source types
- Added resize video option for all video source types
- Fixed language issues for double-byte languages not displaying some drop-downs properly
- Improved webservice wrapper code
- Added FFMPEG option for IP camera wizard
- Added Maximise on alert option (maximises camera in window, not application)
- Added specify local saving grab filename – you can use a static name or a date-replaced name.
- Added Arrange option to view menu, you can now dock the media list to left, right or bottom of the main screen.
- Added date/ duration view to the saved media previews.
- Fixes for the way VLC connects and disconnects from video sources (prevented some dead-lock cases)