Published July 15, 2011 by Download Software
MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. This is a free software (free of charge and free for access to source code, GPL or LGPL licence).
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration…
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate…
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate…
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)…
(Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC…)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF…
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI…
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Multiple means to view information (text, sheet, tree, HTML…)
- You can customize theses views
- Exporting possibilities: text, CSV, HTML…
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag´n´ drop, and Context menu)
- Internationnalization: any language diplay on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capacities (but volonteers needed)
- ISM (ISM/ISMV/ISMA/PIFF…) support
- SCC (Scenarist Closed Captioning) support
- #3201768, BMP: BitmapV4Header support, thanks to Lionel Duchateau
- MP4: enda atom support (Endianess)
- MXF: expliciting PCM endianess
- #3354384, Vorbis in AVI, version 3+ was displayed as 2+
- MPEG-4/MOV: files with big ‘free’ atom were not parsed
MediaInfo 0.7.47 (64-bit)