Published March 23, 2011 by Download Software
SynthFont is a tool for playing/rendering MIDI files using SoundFonts and other similar sound sources. The result can be played back through a sound card or written to wave files. With SynthFont you can also create audio files (WAV, MP3, OGG, APE, FLAC) from your MIDI files. SynthFont´s main sound sources are SoundFonts, but also wave files, DLS and GIGA files – and now also VST Instruments – can be used.
SynthFont supports the use of both VST effects and instruments. SynthFont has some basic SoundFont editing capabilities and also shows the MIDI data in a Piano Roll and an Event list. A stand-alone VST instrument version of SynthFont is also available.
- Operating System: Windows All Version
- Language: English-US
- License: Freeware
- Author: SynthFont
- Versions 1.554 and 1.555 had a bug causing it to draw the Pianoroll badly when the Grid Size was set to more than 1. Additionally the 'Show Scale' checkbox in 'Key Signature and Melodic Scale' did not work (notes were not grayed)
- Some midi files were not correctly read
- Keys used as shortcuts could not be used to navigate to files in the Explorer list
- After editing and saving a SoundFont group file in use by a track, the track presets were not updated
- The playback position in the Pianoroll did not respond to a user change of the BPM factor (in 'Plug & Play')
- The shortcut key for pause/resume playback used to be 'W' or 'Pause/Break'. It is now only 'Pause/Break'.