Published April 16, 2011 by Download Software
Adobe Flash Player is the high performance, lightweight, highly expressive client runtime that delivers powerful and consistent user experiences across major operating systems, browsers, mobile phones and devices.
Installed on over 750 million Internet-connected desktops and mobile devices, Flash Player enables organizations and individuals to build and deliver great digital experiences to their end users.
- Immersive experiences with Flash video, content and applications with full-screen mode.
- Low-bandwidth, high-quality video with advanced compression technology.
- High-fidelity text using the advanced text rendering engine.
- Real-time dynamic effects with filters for Blur, DropShadow, Glow, Bevel, Gradient Glow, Gradient Bevel, Displacement Map, Convolution, and Color Matrix.
- Innovative media compositions with 8-bit video alpha channels.
- Blend modes, radial gradient, and stroke enhancements.
- Additional image formats: GIF, Progressive JPEG, and PNG.
This download is the standalone ActiveX installer for Internet Explorer.
Old versions of the Flash player can be downloaded from Adobe at http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14266
- A critical vulnerability exists in Flash Player 10.2.153.1 and earlier versions (Adobe Flash Player 10.2.154.25 and earlier for Chrome users) for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris, Adobe Flash Player 10.2.156.12 and earlier versions for Android, and the Authplay.dll component that ships with Adobe Reader and Acrobat X (10.0.2) and earlier 10.x and 9.x versions for Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- This vulnerability (CVE-2011-0611) could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. There are reports that this vulnerability is being exploited in the wild in targeted attacks via a malicious Web page or a Flash (.swf) file embedded in a Microsoft Word (.doc) or Microsoft Excel (.xls) file delivered as an email attachment, targeting the Windows platform. At this time, Adobe is not aware of any attacks via PDF targeting Adobe Reader and Acrobat. Adobe Reader X Protected Mode mitigations would prevent an exploit of this kind from executing.
Adobe Flash Player 10.2.159.1 (IE)