Published June 10, 2011 by Download Software
SlimBrowser is a free web browser for Windows that is blazing fast, most secure and fully loaded with powerful features. It starts up quickly and opens web pages right in front of you with minimum delay. It is designed to let you browse the Internet safely by guarding your personal information and protecting your privacy. SlimBrowser offers various functions and options so that you can go where you want and get whatever you want over the web with as few clicks as possible and as little distraction as possible.
- Intelligent Form Filler
- Facebook Support
- Download Manager
- Web Service Integration
- Site Group
- Popup Blocker
- Ad Blocker
- Language Translation
- Spell Checker
- Weather Forecast
- HTML/Script Editor
- Quick Search
- Skinned Window Frame
- Adopted new multiple process architecture. Each tab is hosted in a separate process for improved application stability and security.
- When one tab crashes, you will have the chance to restore this same tab to the original URL. The other tabs will not be affected.
- By default, all tabs share the same session. However, you can open a separate session by selecting File->New->Separate Session. This will allow to you login multiple web accounts at the same time.
- You can dynamically switch rendering mode without restarting the browser. Use Tools:Compatibility Setting menu to specify the rendering mode for the current page.
- Favorite site icon is now shown in the address bar instead of default web page icon.
- SlimBrowser now has independent home setting from Internet Explorer. Please set SlimBrowser homepage in Tools:options:homepage.
- A quick-dial page will be shown by default when creating a new tab. This option can be changed in Tools:options:new tab which provides three choices: tabs page, home page and blank page.
- Added warning when the last visible toolbar is hidden. Also, at startup, the menu bar will be shown automatically if all toolbars are hidden during last session.
- Added “New Tab(+)” button on the tab bar.
- Added menu “View:Compact Mode” so that you can easily switch a compact mode UI which provides a mini menu button instead of a full menu bar.
- Show loading animation on the tab when a web page is being downloaded.
SlimBrowser 6.0 Beta