HJSplit for Windows is a freeware file splitter which runs on all 32 bit and 64 bit editions of Windows. HJSplit supports file sizes of over 100 Gigabytes, it can split files, join/recombine files, create MD5 checksums, compare files and “run without install”. HJSplit is also fully portable: you can run it directly off a DVD, CD or USB stick.
HJSplit for Windows does not need to be installed nor does it depend on any special DLL’s. Just extract the contents of the zip file into a directory of your choice, and start the program by double clicking on hjsplit.exe.
* Improved: HJSplit is now able to generate MD5 checksums.
* Added: you can cancel an operation by using the new cancel button inside the progress form. When pressing ‘Cancel’ HJSplit pauses and asks for confirmation.
* Added: the progress display now also explicitly includes the current progress percentage (0% – 100%).
* Added: when you cancel a split operation, the split files that were created during this operation will be deleted. This is to prevent an invalid set of split parts being left on your system.
* Added: when you cancel a join operation, the joined file will be deleted. This is to prevent leaving an invalid joined file on your system.
* Changed: all links pointing to the HJSplit home page (inside the program’s main screen and the about screen) have been updated so that they point to www.hjsplit.org (which – at the time of writing this – redirects to the old HJSplit site on Freebyte.com)