PeaZip is a free archiver, available as portable and installable software for Windows and Linux.
Create 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, *PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, ZIP
Extract ACE, ARJ, CAB, DMG, ISO, LHA, RAR, UDF and many more file formats
PeaZip allows to create, convert and extract multiple archives at once, create self-extracting archives, bookmark archives and folders, apply powerful search filters, scan and open files with custom applications, apply strong encryption, split/join files, secure data deletion, calculate checksum and hash…
On networks, the application can be made available to multiple users, either whith a shared configuration or with separate configuration for each user, see “Settings” and “Customization and scripting” in the help file, that also contain useful hints for enhancing PeaZip’s system integration.
You can freely replace backend executables in PeaZip/res directory (any PeaZip release/package) with updated ones (as long as they support the same syntax) or with 64 bit counterpart, if available.
PeaZip Portable does not modify the host system: it can be simply extracted in the path you prefer, even on the network or on removable devices as USB sticks. A writable path is recommended for running PeaZip Portable, in order to let the application update the configuration and the persistent randomness collector, as in the portable version all files are contained inside the directory of the application. The application needs at least to write to disk the configuration the first time it runs so please check if the selected path is writable and in case of problems try running the application as administrator to have needed UAC permissions.
* Pea 0.35
* (Linux) p7zip 0.9.20
* Compiled with -O3 optimizations
* Compiled with Lazarus 0.9.30, done preliminary code cleanup to improve compatibility with 0.9.31 and following releases
- Replaced TNotebook (deprecated) with TPageControl
* File manager related functions moved from pea_utils (dependent on crypto library) to list_utils (not dependent on the crypto library)
* Moved application’s initialization code from FormCreate to FormShow event
* Updated *_utils units to introduce new features for improving and customizing the application
* Used pure pascal replacement for crc_hash library units
# FILE MANAGER
* Automatic hint window on Listview to highlight data about file/folder below the mouse cursor
* (Windows) Improved browser aspect in Icon mode
* Improved navigation
- Added breadcrumb address field displaying up to 8 parent paths
> click on names to jump to parent directories
> click on spacer arrows or on free space on the breadcrumb to switch to classic editable address field, leave the control to return to the breadcrumb
> rightclick on the breadcrumb to show a popup menu displaying full path of parent paths (up to 8) and computer’s root
- Implemented fast swicthing between navigation and treeview mode navigator
- Improved navigation sidebar’s treeview mode (Shift+Ctrl+3), navigating a folder updates the selected foler in the treeview
- Simplified address bar
> Removed history button from address bar (it is featured in navigation button on the left of the address field)
> Refresh placed on the right of address field
> Search placed on the right of filter field
* Improved sorting: sorting is possible also in non-details modes using “Sort by” menu in main menu and browser’s context menu
* Linked PeaZip’s tracker in help menu to help users in filing bug reports and feature requests
* Tool bar and Address bar can be swapped in position to give visual priority either to functions or to navigation
* Themes: tool bar and address bar can be optionally themed with a texture
* Web search: added menu entries to search with PeaZip Search, powered by Google Custom Search
* Various minor fixes and enhancements
* When creating archives containing multiple files or folders, the archive is named as the parent folder of the items, except if “add to separate archives” option is flagged.