Published May 9, 2011 by Download Software
Rainmeter is a customizable performance meter, which can display the CPU load, memory utilization, disk space, network traffic, time and many more things.
Through Rainmeter, you can enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins: handy, compact applets which float freely on your desktop, much like Windows Sidebar gadgets, or dashboard widgets for the Mac.
Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It’s easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts. Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and send your tweets to Twitter – all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking.
- Freeform skins
- Supports Windows transparency
- Plugin system for 3rd party support
- Anti-aliased drawing routines
- Works also as Litestep plugin
- Has ability to hide on mouse over
- Can stick to the desktop (i.e. doesn´t hide with Show Desktop)
- Skins can react to mouse events
- Multiple skins can be ran at the same time
- Can be controlled from 3rd party applications with !bangs
Rainmeter can measure:
- CPU load
- Allocated Memory
- Network Traffic
- Performance data
- Free disk space
- …and plenty of other stuff
- Added support for Aero Glass “blur” effects on skins!
- Improvements to FolderInfo plugin.
- Fixes InputText plugin failing if a “config name” folder had a space in it.
- Fix for the CoreTemp plugin to address a mutex handle leak.
- Added image caching system to the internal Rainmeter code.
- New option for Uptime meter
- Some bug fixes and improvements to VirtualDesktops plugin from Patrick at Dexpot
- “Silent” installation of Rainmeter now available.
- Rainmeter development environment updated to Visual C++ 2010.
Rainmeter 2.1 r805 Beta