Published March 12, 2011 by Download Software
FrostWire, a Gnutella Peer-to-Peer client, is a collaborative effort from hundreds of Open Source and freelance developers from around the world. In late 2005, concerned developers of LimeWire’s open source community announced the start of a new project fork “FrostWire” that would protect the developmental source code of the LimeWire client and any improvements to the Gnutella protocol design. The developers of FrostWire give high regard and respect to the GNU General Public License and consider it to be the ideal foundation of a creative and free enterprise market. FrostWire has evolved to replace LimeWire’s BitTorrent core for that of Vuze, the Azureus BitTorrent Engine.
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes™ Compatible!
- BTIH Magnet Torrent Downloads
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Improved BitTorrent Technology
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- New “Phones and Tablets” tab. Tools to share files with Android devices on a Wi-Fi network.
- New debian source packages available.
- Upgrades to HttpFetcher performance. Cleanups and refactors.
- Upgrades java compatibility to Java 6.
- Upgrades Mojito-DHT to the latest version found on the LimeWire repository. Tune ups.
- Removed dependencies on Linux native libraries. JDIC is no more for Linux releases.
- Fixes issues when rendering and scrolling torrent search results.