Published May 19, 2011 by Download Software
FrostWire, a Gnutella Peer-to-Peer client, is a collaborative effort from hundreds of Open Source and freelance developers from around the world. In late 2005, concerned developers of LimeWire’s open source community announced the start of a new project fork “FrostWire” that would protect the developmental source code of the LimeWire client and any improvements to the Gnutella protocol design. The developers of FrostWire give high regard and respect to the GNU General Public License and consider it to be the ideal foundation of a creative and free enterprise market. FrostWire has evolved to replace LimeWire’s BitTorrent core for that of Vuze, the Azureus BitTorrent Engine.
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes™ Compatible!
- BTIH Magnet Torrent Downloads
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Improved BitTorrent Technology
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- Makes sure cancelling torrents that have finished are not deleted.
- Folders created by torrents that are cancelled during download are deleted to avoid any unwanted file sharing.
- Fixes a bug when migrating from an older version of FrostWire on which previously Saved and individually shared files would still be shared after not sharing finished downloads on the migration wizard.
- Fixes a bug on configuration screens that could make the application freeze for a few seconds before moving towards the next screen.
- Migration wizard will always be shown to make sure users are aware of what they’re sharing.
- Sharing completed files is always set to off by default on the configuration wizard.