Published June 10, 2011 by Download Software
FrostWire, a Gnutella Peer-to-Peer client, is a collaborative effort from hundreds of Open Source and freelance developers from around the world. In late 2005, concerned developers of LimeWire’s open source community announced the start of a new project fork “FrostWire” that would protect the developmental source code of the LimeWire client and any improvements to the Gnutella protocol design. The developers of FrostWire give high regard and respect to the GNU General Public License and consider it to be the ideal foundation of a creative and free enterprise market. FrostWire has evolved to replace LimeWire’s BitTorrent core for that of Vuze, the Azureus BitTorrent Engine.
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes™ Compatible!
- BTIH Magnet Torrent Downloads
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Improved BitTorrent Technology
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- Fixes a possible freeze reported by some users when the configuration wizard is shown.
- Fixes issue when a user changes default Gnutella Save Folder and unchecks Sharing finished downloads. Individually shared files from the old Save Folder would still be shared. Now all individually shared files will be unshared if you uncheck this setting.
- Now users don’t have to re-start to stop seeding after they’ve changed their torrent Seeding Configuration. All torrents old and new will stop seeding as soon as the setting is applied.
- Better wording to explain on which networks files are being shared on, Gnutella or BitTorrent.
- Changed color of “Sharing Options” gear icon to blue, gray icon may have seemed as if the button was disabled.
- Added “Sharing Options” gear button on Search Tab. It’s only visible once a search has been started.
- Added Help Menu options to learn about how to share/unshare files, torrent seeding, and how to avoid being scammed into paying for FrostWire. DO NOT PAY FOR FROSTWIRE.