Published August 17, 2011 by Download Software
FrostWire, a Gnutella Peer-to-Peer client, is a collaborative effort from hundreds of Open Source and freelance developers from around the world. In late 2005, concerned developers of LimeWire’s open source community announced the start of a new project fork “FrostWire” that would protect the developmental source code of the LimeWire client and any improvements to the Gnutella protocol design. The developers of FrostWire give high regard and respect to the GNU General Public License and consider it to be the ideal foundation of a creative and free enterprise market. FrostWire has evolved to replace LimeWire’s BitTorrent core for that of Vuze, the Azureus BitTorrent Engine.
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes™ Compatible!
- BTIH Magnet Torrent Downloads
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Improved BitTorrent Technology
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- Search results now arrive under 200ms, aka, Instant Search.
- New FrostWire “Deep Torrent” search. FrostWire will search inside top matching torrents for individual files matching the current query.
- Core upgrade, if a .torrent fails to download from its HTTP location FrostWire will download it from the DHT if it can find it there.
- UX upgrade, ability to hide/show seeding torrents on transfer manager.
- UX upgrade, Phone & Tablets desktop explorer asks before deleting files.
- UX upgrade, New file “Extension” column on search results.
- UX upgrade, Search tabs now have animated indicator to let user know a search is still going on.
- UX fix, search results can now be sorted by file type.
- TPB has been added to the list of search engines.
- Mininova is back.
FrostWire 5.1.0 Beta