Published November 3, 2011 by Download Software
FrostWire, a Gnutella Peer-to-Peer client, is a collaborative effort from hundreds of Open Source and freelance developers from around the world. In late 2005, concerned developers of LimeWire’s open source community announced the start of a new project fork “FrostWire” that would protect the developmental source code of the LimeWire client and any improvements to the Gnutella protocol design. The developers of FrostWire give high regard and respect to the GNU General Public License and consider it to be the ideal foundation of a creative and free enterprise market. FrostWire has evolved to replace LimeWire’s BitTorrent core for that of Vuze, the Azureus BitTorrent Engine.
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes™ Compatible!
- BTIH Magnet Torrent Downloads
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Improved BitTorrent Technology
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- Smart search updates uses less DHT resources and fixes logic bugs that results into faster and better search results.
- New Internet Radio functionality on the Library. Play, Add, Remove and bookmark your favorite Internet Radio Stations.
- Book/Document search now crawls for .cbr, .cbz, .cb7, .cbt and .cba file formats.
- New “Show in Library” action for finished transfers. It is now the default action when a finished transfer has been double clicked.
- Clicking on the currently played audio control should always take the user to the currently played audio file.
- Top Library tree nodes re-arranged.
- When downloading a single partial file, the transfer manager shows the proper icon based on the file type of the file being downloaded.
- Add partial downloads, and multiple transfers that contain audio files to playlists right from the transfer manager.
- A lot of bug fixes.
FrostWire 5.2.5 RC