Published March 27, 2012 by Download Software
FrostWire, a Gnutella Peer-to-Peer client, is a collaborative effort from hundreds of Open Source and freelance developers from around the world. In late 2005, concerned developers of LimeWire’s open source community announced the start of a new project fork “FrostWire” that would protect the developmental source code of the LimeWire client and any improvements to the Gnutella protocol design. The developers of FrostWire give high regard and respect to the GNU General Public License and consider it to be the ideal foundation of a creative and free enterprise market. FrostWire has evolved to replace LimeWire’s BitTorrent core for that of Vuze, the Azureus BitTorrent Engine.
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes™ Compatible!
- BTIH Magnet Torrent Downloads
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Improved BitTorrent Technology
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- New frostwire.exe launcher with extended Unicode support now able to handle .torrent file names with extended Unicode characters.
- Windows build is Windows 8 compatible.
- Windows build will prefer Java 7 if not JRE is found.
- Improvements when sending files on a local area network via magnet link or send file to friend.
- Bug fix when opening magnets from a website when FrostWire was already running.
- User experience improvements on the transfer manager.
- Spanish translation update (93% translated)
- YouTube video search and download support.