Published April 18, 2012 by Download Software
FrostWire, a Gnutella Peer-to-Peer client, is a collaborative effort from hundreds of Open Source and freelance developers from around the world. In late 2005, concerned developers of LimeWire’s open source community announced the start of a new project fork “FrostWire” that would protect the developmental source code of the LimeWire client and any improvements to the Gnutella protocol design. The developers of FrostWire give high regard and respect to the GNU General Public License and consider it to be the ideal foundation of a creative and free enterprise market. FrostWire has evolved to replace LimeWire’s BitTorrent core for that of Vuze, the Azureus BitTorrent Engine.
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes™ Compatible!
- BTIH Magnet Torrent Downloads
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Improved BitTorrent Technology
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- Drag and drop files and folders to your Android device running FrostWire. You can upload files to 3 different devices at the same time.
- Fixes glitch where the file explorer would reset the split pane position.
- Removes flickering on album arts when resizing library explorer
- When the FrostWire window is resized to be very small the search filters no longer overlap the “Open” and “Send to” buttons.
- Search box on the Library is now on the upper left and offers contextual hint.
- Search boxes everywhere now have a clear button.
- Playlists are now sorted alphabetically.
- Option panes UI upgrades.
- Better suggestion for a playlist name when a folder is dropped on “New Playlist”.
- translation updated.