Published May 14, 2012 by Download Software
FrostWire, a Gnutella Peer-to-Peer client, is a collaborative effort from hundreds of Open Source and freelance developers from around the world. In late 2005, concerned developers of LimeWire’s open source community announced the start of a new project fork “FrostWire” that would protect the developmental source code of the LimeWire client and any improvements to the Gnutella protocol design. The developers of FrostWire give high regard and respect to the GNU General Public License and consider it to be the ideal foundation of a creative and free enterprise market. FrostWire has evolved to replace LimeWire’s BitTorrent core for that of Vuze, the Azureus BitTorrent Engine.
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes™ Compatible!
- BTIH Magnet Torrent Downloads
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Improved BitTorrent Technology
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- Full support for .m4a audio files (thumbnails, seek)
- AAC downloads from YouTube.
- Fixes issue with search suggestions where the popup wouldn’t hide correctly.
- Chinese, Korean character display fixed for Windows and Linux (Gnome only)
- Fixes issue where it was hard to select more than one search result for batch downloads.
- Fixes issue with search results from KAT.ph. Now downloads are started using magnet links instead of .torrents.
- Supports dragging files from transfer manager. Useful to send files to iTunes as soon as transfers are done.
- Adds links to Facebook and Google Plus pages on status bar.
- Single file search results now are launched on double click.