Published March 18, 2011 by Download Software
Alien Arena 2011 is a freeware online deathmatch game with fast and furious action for Windows and Linux!
The game runs on the CRX engine, and features modern effects such as real-time lighting and shadows, shaders, light bloom, reflective surfaces and much more, while still being able to run on even modest systems.
The game includes a built in, as well as external server browser and chat client. Players can look up their stats online, chat with other players, and become part of a growing community.
The Alien Arena experience is now a finely tuned, highly polished body of work.
Alien Arena has transformed into a lean, clean, fragging machine, with stunning visual effects that are usually reserved for commercial titles. This isn’t your daddy’s Alien Arena – it’s not even last year’s model, with a host of new and improved maps, sounds and music.
- GLSL per-pixel lighting on meshes(now all surfaces).
- OpenAL 1.1
- Ogg-Vorbis support.
- GLSL post process framebuffer effects.
- New scoreboards.
- New HUD.
- Stereo music files.
- Seven new maps.
- Two new player characters.
- Voice taunt system.
- Doppler sound effects.
- Extensive rewrite of bsp surface rendering for a massive performance increase
- Complete rewrite of vertex buffer object code
- Complete rewrite of post process effects(pain, heat wave distortions, etc)
- Improvements to light volumes
- Improvements to shadow mapping for dynamic shadows
- Massive renderer cleanup and re-org
- First editions of a developer reference
- Improvements to vehicle hud rendering
- Added configure option for Unix/Linux ANSI color console output
- Integrate ODE library into Unix/Linux build to avoid potential problems
- Variety of graphical updates
- Three new/revamped levels
- Fixed bug with vid_restart on map change, for much faster map loading
- Added downloading of iqm meshes
Alien Arena 7.51