Published March 30, 2011 by Download Software
Google Earth lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean. You can explore rich geographical content, save your toured places, and share with others.
Google Earth’s Features:
See global changes with decades of historic imagery
If you’ve ever wondered how your neighborhood has changed throughout time, Google Earth now gives you access to the past. With a simple click, check out suburban sprawl, melting ice caps, coastal erosion, and more.
Dive beneath the surface of the ocean
In the new ocean layer, you can plunge all the way to the floor of the sea, view exclusive content from partners like BBC and National Geographic, and explore 3D shipwrecks like the Titanic.
Track and share your paths with others
Take placemarks a step further and record a free-form tour in Google Earth. Simply turn on the touring feature, press record, and see the world. You can even add a soundtrack or narration to personalize the journey.
Issues Fixed with Desktop Client:
- Fixed a problem where we were over fetching certain kml layer data and running into issuing of using large amounts of memory and slowness during zooming in.
- Fixed an issue of ruler tool disappearing. In 6.0 beta, when measuring using the path tool, if you break to add a place-mark then you go back to the path and click “save” the path and ruler tool disappears all together.
- Fixed an issue with incorrectly measuring long distances. Improved navigation in Street View inside buildings.
- Fixed a crash with elevation profile if there was empty gx:value node in KML.
- Optimized amount of terrain and imagery data fetched while viewing photo overlays.
- Fixed an occasional crash while viewing 3D buildings. Fixed broken fly-to links within local kml files.
- Fixed an issue where new place-marks added were with absolute altitude instead of being clamped to ground.
- Fixed an issue where the title for panoramio pictures no longer appeared when hovering over panoramio icons with your mouse if scale legend was enabled.
- Fixed an issue when there was occasionally a missing wall in 3D buildings.
- Optimized amount of data fetched in Street View.
- Fixed an issue where tilt by holding “shift” and moving the scroll wheel only worked in one direction on Mac.
Issues Fixed in Earth Browser Plug-in:
- Fixed a crash when getNormalStyleUrl was called on a StyleMap referencing a non-existent Style.
- Fixed some issues in using plug-in on https sites.
- Fixed functionality of disabling ground level navigation through API.
Google Earth 188.8.131.524