Published February 11, 2011 by Download Software
Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log in to accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on MSN, talking to a friend on Google Talk, and sitting in a Yahoo chat room all at the same time.
Pidgin runs on Windows, Linux, and other UNIX operating systems.
Pidgin is compatible with the following chat networks out of the box: AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, MXit, MySpaceIM, and Zephyr. It can support many more with plugins.
Pidgin supports many features of these chat networks, such as file transfers, away messages, buddy icons, custom smilies, and typing notifications. Numerous plugins also extend Pidgin’s functionality above and beyond the standard features.
Pidgin integrates with the system tray on Windows, GNOME2, KDE 3, and KDE 4.
Pidgin is under constant development. Releases are usually frequent and driven by user contributions, such as bug reports and patches.
Pidgin is free and contains no ads. All our code is open source and licensed under the GNU General Public License. This means you can get Pidgin’s underlying code and modify it to suit your needs, as long as you publish the changes you make for everyone to benefit from as well.
* Operating System: Windows All Version
* Language: English-US
* License: Open Source
* Author: Gaim
* Website: www.pidgin.im
- Force video sources to all have the same capabilities. This reduces the number of times video must be scaled down, saving CPU time. (Jakub Adam) (half of #13095)
- Starting multiple video calls and ending one no longer causes the other calls to stop sending audio and video. (Jakub Adam) (#12758, #13237)
- Perl bindings now respect LDFLAGS. (Peter Volkov, Markos Chandras) (#12638)
- Added AddTrust External Root CA. (#11554)
- Resolve some issues validating X.509 certificates signed off the CAcert Class 3 intermediate cert when using the GnuTLS SSL/TLS plugin.
- Don’t drop whole messages when text is colored. (Jan Zachorowski) (#13259)
- Don’t show two windows when using “Get Info” on a buddy. (Gabriel Burt; Novell, Inc.) (#13108)
- Don’t send ISON messages longer than 512 bytes. (Jeffrey Honig) (#9692)
- Stop sending audio when placing a call on hold. (Jakub Adam) (#13032)
- Stop translating gpointers to ints in the dbus API. This removes functions from the dbus API. (The openSUSE Project) (#12507)
- Fix D-Bus introspection calls that omit the interface parameter. (Tom Samstag) (#13073)
- Fixed bugs in purple_str_to_time() that caused the most recent ‘make check’ failures. (Nader Morshed) (#13131)
- Correct an issue that caused some UIs other than Pidgin or Finch to leave a buddy in the “is typing” state. (Jan Kaluza)
- Fix potential information disclosure issues in the Cipher code. (Julia Lawall)
- Support using the Page Up and Page Down keys on the numeric keypad in the conversation window. (Ryan Flegel) (#13127)
- Fix a few memory leaks. (Nader Morshed) (#13162)
- Support rendering strikethrough when received as in-line CSS. (#13168)
- Editable comboboxes are now more friendly to some GTK+ themes. (Hugo Pereira Da Costa) (#13164).
- The Voice/Video Settings plugin no longer resets selected devices to defaults. (Jakub Adam) (#13044)
- The Voice/Video Settings plugin no longer crashes when a stored device name is not found in the list of available devices. (Jakub Adam) (#13238)
- The Autoaccept plugin now allows disabling filename escaping. (Rok Mandeljc) (half of #11459)
- The Autoaccept plugin now allows choosing Reject/Ask/Accept for non-buddies. (Rok Mandeljc) (half of #11459)
- QQ2008 is now the default protocol version. (Michael Terry) (#11635)
- Don’t crash when receiving an unexpected/invalid jingle transport type. (Nikita Kozlov) (#13136)
- Handle Connection: Close headers for BOSH, when the server does not terminate the connection itself. (#13008)
- Improved parsing for DIGEST-MD5, which should resolve issues connecting to some jabberd2 servers. This corrects an issue parsing one-character or empty elements. (Noa Resare) (#a14514)
- Yahoo!/Yahoo! JAPAN:
- Fix a crash when an account disconnects before a p2p session is completely set up. (Jan Kaluza) (#12432)