Published September 3, 2011 by Download Software
AkelPad is an open source editor for plain text. It is designed to be a small and fast.
- Single window mode (SDI), multi window mode (MDI);
- Editing of files, which size is more than 64K (generally speaking, size isn´t theoretically limited);
- Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003);
- Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-16 little endian, UTF-16 big endian, UTF-8);
- Support of any code page installed in the system;
- Support of DOS/Windows and Unix newline formats;
- Preview file open;
- Correct pseudographics displaying;
- Editing of files with “Read Only” attribute;
- Notice when trying to open binary file;
- Multi-level undo;
- Search/replace text strings, escape-sequences and also search/replace by hexadecimal code;
- Remember file codepage;
- Remember file caret position;
- Remember last search/replace strings;
- Remember last opened files;
- Plugins support;
- Support of language modules;
- Printing of a document;
- Added: support for ‘AkelAdmin.exe’ tool, which provides the ability to save changes to a protected file (UAC).
- Added: ability to set hyperlink text color under cursor.
- Fixed: flag 256 of ‘WordBreak’ manual parameter.