Published November 20, 2011 by Download Software
ContactKeeper is a free personal information manager with an integrated birthday reminder, who keeps you informed about upcoming birthdays.
ContactKeeper is consciously very flexible and simple, there are only a few fields, in the course of which an unlimited quantity of numbers and e-mail addresses can be stored for each person, extra information can be put in the note field.
The most important functions of ContactKeeper are the birthday calendar, quick and easy navigation, an extensive search function, export to (x)html or to a text file and of course the birthday reminder.
- You can now export your database to a CSV file. This type of file can be imported into another program.
- It is now possible to scroll in the list with the arrow up and arrow down keys, while the cursor is in the “Quick search” field.
- The function “E-mail…” in the menu “Database” is removed. That function could be used to e-mail the current database, using the default e-mail client.
- ContactKeeper will open Windows Explorer with the current database selected when you click on the status bar at the bottom of ContactKeeper. This is done to help you make a back-up of the database file.
- A text file with the contents of your database file will be generated each time you close your database. This text file is stored in the same directory as your database file. You can disable this option in the menu “Options” -> “Save”.