Published June 19, 2011 by Download Software
Scribus is an Open Source program that brings professional page layout to Linux/UNIX, Mac OS X, OS/2 Warp 4/eComStation and Windows desktops with a combination of press-ready output and new approaches to page design.
Underneath a modern and user-friendly interface, Scribus supports professional publishing features, such as color separations, CMYK and Spot Color support, ICC color management or versatile PDF creation.
- The easiest to point out aspect – the software is Free. You don’t pay us a dime. Scribus is licensed under General Public License, which makes it free and legal for use in any setting including commercial and governmental organizations.
- Professionals and amateurs are producing top-quality publications with Scribus, which is why the list of the Scribus success stories keeps growing year after year.
- Scribus produced PDF files are RIP-ready. Scribus PDFs are being constantly tested on both cutting edge printing house equipment and low-budget printers. The Scribus Team makes it its highest priority to respond to PDF generation inquiries without delay. Scribus was the first software to support several new generations of Adobe’s PDF specifications well ahead of the commercial software.
- Scribus User Mailing List is very active. Many Scribus Team members and professional DTP specialists frequently answer questions posted on the list.
A wealth of documentation including How-Tos, Tutorials, and articles on just about any aspect of DTP and Scribus in several languages are present in our Wiki.
- Several books in three languages have been published about Scribus, so you could probably find one that’ll get you started right away.
- Operating System: Windows All Version
- Language: English-US
- License: Open Source
- Author: Scribus
- Website: www.scribus.net
Scribus 1.4.0 RC5