Published February 9, 2012 by Download Software
Privatefirewall is a Personal Firewall and Intrusion Detection Application that helps prevent unauthorized access to your PC, at home, the office, or on the road. Privatefirewall constantly monitors the sensitive areas of a PC where intrusion can occure, including browser security settings, network settings etc. and reports on their status. The program is easy to install/use and provides protection right “out of the box”.
The interface will accommodate advanced users as well as novice users, it does not overload you with options and features, yet provides access to powerful rule settings and filers for advanced users via the right click menu. Privatefirewall offers everything that you`d expect from a personal firewall, including Packet Filtering, Internet traffic (packet) filtering, port scanning, IP tracking, SecurePOP email protection, and a proprietary Application Control Engine, which monitors all applications that access the Internet.
The program integrates with the Windows Security Center, and offers a choice of 3 different profile settings for at home, at work and on the road, which makes it especially interesting for Notebook users that frequently connect to other networks.
- Zero-hour anti-virus protection
- Zero-hour spyware protection
- Zero-hour malware protection
- Behavioral hacker protection
- Personal Firewall
- Website/IP filtering
- Advanced Application Security
- Basic Application Security
- Process Security
- Registry protection
- System Anomaly Detection
- Email Anomaly Detection
- Updated drivers reviewed/signed by Microsoft Winqual.
- Added ability to define fw rule order.
- Addressed issue with avast.setup.
- Added IP address based filtering capability.
- Modified driver binding implementation to address possible related implications (i.e. lost Internet connection, system drag, etc.) of other driver conflicts/incompatibilities.
- Resolved failed Kill3f and fileacc1 leak tests.
- Modified logic for automated rule creation in relation to SPI (limits certain automatic rule creation to outbound only).
- Added ability to permanently remove publishers from the TP list.
- Added “Skip” button to Program Change alerts (“If this program changes frequently, select Skip to suppress further checks.”).
- Added Delete and Insert key handling to Applications, Process Monitor, Trusted/Blocked sites, Trusted Publishers, Detected Processes and Parents lists.
- Added Next and Prev buttons to Applications.
- Addressed several minor bugs/defects.