Published November 1, 2011 by Download Software
EasyBCD is NeoSmart Technologies’ multiple award-winning answer to taking control of your bootloader. EasyBCD extends and revamps the Windows Vista/Windows 7 BCD bootloader, and with EasyBCD, almost anything is possible. Setting up and configuring a dual-boot between Windows 7, Windows Vista, older versions of Windows such as XP & 2003, Linux, Ubuntu, BSD, and Mac OS X is a breeze. You just point & click and EasyBCD does the rest.
EasyBCD is geared for users of all kinds. Whether you just want to add an entry to your old XP partition or want to create a duplicate for testing purposes; if you’re interested in debugging the Windows Kernel or septuple-booting your seven test operating systems, EasyBCD is the key.
- Boot into XP/Vista/7/Ubuntu/OS X and more!
- Boot from USB, Network, ISO images, Virtual Harddisks (VHD), WinPE, and more!
- Repair the Windows bootloader, change your boot drive, create a bootable USB, and more!
- Rename entries, set default boot target, change BCD timeout, hide the boot menu, and more!
- Create your own custom boot sequence, hide drives on boot, backup and restore configurations, and more!
- New: EasyBCD setup and all binaries are now digitally signed!
- Fixed: Don’t show donation dialog if a reboot has been initiated
- Fixed: Create Bootable USB is not properly disabled on Windows XP
- Fixed: Edit Legacy Entries points to wrong boot.ini when modifying external BCD
- Fixed: Advanced settings are not available for PE images
- Fixed: EasyBCD cannot properly display internationalized BCD entries
- Support PC-BSD in both MBR and GPT configurations on same or different disk
- Always copy NTLDR to boot partition to avoid no resume from hibernate problem
- Add option to auto-load certain BCD path on startup
- An error dialog is displayed if .NET must be downloaded and no internet connection exists
- BCD box should scroll to top when switching between detailed and normal modes
- Fix incompatibility of external C++ utilities with Windows XP RTM – SP2 (EncodePointer and DecodePointer)
- Better handle internal state consistency when EasyBCD is loaded without a BCD store