Published August 3, 2011 by Download Software
Process Lasso is a unique new technology that will improve your PC’s responsiveness and stability during periods of high CPU load. Windows, by design, allows programs to monopolize your CPU without restraint leading to freezes, hangs, and micro-lags. Process Lasso’s ProBalance (Process Balance) technology intelligently adjusts the priorities of running programs so that badly behaved processes won’t negatively impact the responsiveness of your PC.
Process Lasso also offers an assortment of ways to take full control of how your CPUs are allocated to running programs. In essence, it is an all-in-one automated Windows process tuner. You can choose at what priority processes should run, and which CPUs should be assigned to them. You can also disallow certain programs from running, log all programs run, automatically restart programs, limit the number of instances of a program, and much more. You can even indicate processes that should induce entrance into the High Performance power scheme or prevent the PC from sleeping. A gaming mode also allows for easy process priority optimization for avid gamers.
- Fix.GUI: Fixed ‘CPU %’ field on process tooltip in XP/2K
- Fix.GUI: Fixed Private Memory field in process tooltip in XP
- Fix.GUI: Fixed ‘Manage processes of all users’ Terminal Services disabled warning in XP errantly asking a question of the user to re-enable, when no such option was available
- Fix.Localization: The three-letter word ‘Day’ was not being localized correctly
- Addition.Core: Added safety catch for possible unusual error conditions
- Change.Core: Minor code optimizations
- Change.GUI: Dialog adjustments for some longer languages
- Change.GUI: Use dynamic unique ID for system tray icon to address a theoretical race condition in the creation of a new instance after an old instance remained active in an abnormal error condition long enough to prevent creation of the new system tray icon
- Change.GUI: Process Lasso system tray identifer is now variable between instances, an issue that could have caused problems during certain timing when two copies of the GUI were launched at approximately the same time
- Change.BuildEnv: Removed unnecessary and deprecated build configurations
- Addition.Activator: Added version resource to provide description of EXE and more
Process Lasso 22.214.171.124 (64-bit)