Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
* Notable enhancements:
- Closing a sandboxed Internet Explorer 8/9 will not interfere with session recovery, and will not cause Internet Explorer to offer session recovery the next time it is started.
- Programs blocked due to Start/Run Access Restrictions will not display an error message.
- Sandboxie Control will not display “unknown executable image” in the list of running programs.
- Improved support for programs in the sandbox detecting the arrival and removal of drives.
- Permit read-only access by programs in the sandbox to software-managed network shares, such as virtual machine host shares.
- Resource Access settings, which can apply settings for a specific program or group of programs, can now be used to apply settings for all programs except a specific program or group of programs.
- BlockPort setting can block a range of ports.
* Improved compatibility with:
- Service Pack 1 for 64-bit Windows 7.
- Update KB2393802 for Windows XP.
- Software Restriction Policies (SRP) on Windows 7.
- Applications: Windows Live Message 2011, Internet Explorer 9.
- Utilities: Bookmark Buddy, Two Pilots Speed-Type, Proxifier, Sticky Password.
- Security Software: CA Internet Security Suite 2010, F-Secure Internet Security 2011, McAfee Guardian Firewall, McAfee Total Protection, Panda Cloud AntiVirus, PC Tools ThreatFire.