Published March 28, 2011 by Download Software
Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don’t leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and can’t infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- Operating System: Windows All Version
- Language: English-US
- License: Freeware
- Author: Sandboxie
* Notable enhancements:
- Closing a sandboxed Internet Explorer 8/9 will not interfere with session recovery, and will not cause Internet Explorer to offer session recovery the next time it is started.
- Programs blocked due to Start/Run Access Restrictions will not display an error message.
- Sandboxie Control will not display "unknown executable image" in the list of running programs.
- Improved support for programs in the sandbox detecting the arrival and removal of drives.
- Permit read-only access by programs in the sandbox to software-managed network shares, such as virtual machine host shares.
- Resource Access settings, which can apply settings for a specific program or group of programs, can now be used to apply settings for all programs except a specific program or group of programs.
- BlockPort setting can block a range of ports.
* Improved compatibility with:
- Service Pack 1 for 64-bit Windows 7.
- Update KB2393802 for Windows XP.
- Software Restriction Policies (SRP) on Windows 7.
- Applications: Windows Live Message 2011, Internet Explorer 9.
- Utilities: Bookmark Buddy, Two Pilots Speed-Type, Proxifier, Sticky Password.
- Security Software: CA Internet Security Suite 2010, F-Secure Internet Security 2011, McAfee Guardian Firewall, McAfee Total Protection, Panda Cloud AntiVirus, PC Tools ThreatFire.