Published June 14, 2011 by Download Software
Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don’t leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and can’t infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- fixed unable to run audio and video setup
- fixed problem with playing mp3 using the kmplayer. The technical explanation for the problem is that Windows Explorer initially tries to pass the filenames to the program through COM and this fails because to the barrier of the sandbox. Sandboxie has a workaround for this case which is enabled for Windows Media Player an WinAmp, and so I added KMPlayer to that list.
- fixed 3.55.11 won’t recover downloads (32 bit) from sandboxie
Sandboxie 3.55.12 Beta (32-bit)