Published July 29, 2011 by Download Software
Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don’t leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and can’t infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- The Immediate Recovery dialog is a bit more spaced, and includes a button to select all files shown, which is equivalent to using the Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut.
- If the Shift key is held while clicking any of the Recover buttons (either in Quick Recovery or Immediate Recovery), the recovery will automatically overwrite any existing files without prompting.
- A new Recovery Log command in the View menu displays a log of recent recoveries, with the most recent recovery showing at the top. In my experience, sometimes I mis-click in the list of folders in the lower half of the Immediatet Recovery window, and then I have to look around to see where the file actually went. So this Recovery Log should help to locate the file quickly.
Sandboxie 3.57.03 Beta (32-bit)