Published September 3, 2011 by Download Software
Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don’t leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and can’t infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- Several common dialog windows in Sandboxie Control windows can be minimized: Sandbox Settings, Delete Contents, Quick Recovery, Immediate Recovery, Messages from Sandboxie.
- Reduced flickering in the main Sandboxie Control view.
- Restored support for the Finnish and French languages.
- Changes in Quick and Immediate Recovery:
- Multiple files can be selected for recovery in a Quick Recovery window.
- New button to select all files in Quick or Immediate Recovery.
- New “Yes to All” button can replace multiple files when recovering.
- Immediate Recovery can open the folder for the recovered file, or run the file directly.
- Recovery Log (in Sandboxie Control View menu) displays a log of recently recovered files.
- The Messages from Sandboxie window can optionally adjust some settings:
- Turn off Drop Rights when message SBIE2219 appears.
- Permit programs to start (for message SBIE1308) or access the Internet (for message SBIE1307).
- Adjust File Migration limit when message SBIE2102 appears.
- Changes in the border feature:
- The border around sandboxed windows can be set to appear only when the cursor is in the title area of the window.
- This border mode, with the border color set to yellow, is now the default setting for new sandboxes.
- The border rectangle is adjusted to wrap around the Windows Aero thick window frame.
- The border is temporarily hidden when any part of it would be obscured by another window.
- Firefox places.sqlite file is excluded from file migration limits.
- Windows Explorer thumbcache_*.db files are excluded from file migration limits.
- When running under Sandboxie, Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 correctly displays embedded preview.
- When running under Sandboxie, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint will not create superfluous buttons on the taskbar.
- Improved compatibility with security software: avast! pro 6 SafeZone browser, BitDefender Anti-Phishing toolbar, and iolo System Mechanic.
- Improved compatibility with web proxy software: Easy Hide IP, HMA! Pro VPN, VPNTunnel Anonymous Internet.
- Improved compatibility with third-party utilities: Eraser 6, Google Japanese IME tool, RoboForm sync, Sothink Web Video Downloader Stand-alone.