Published September 14, 2012 by Download Software
System Information Viewer is a general Windows utility for displaying lots of useful Windows, Network and hardware info – CPU info, PCI info, PCMCIA info, USB info SMBus info, SPD info, Machine Info, Hardware Sensors, Networked computers, Operating System Information and more.
- Uses pcidevs.txt for the PCI devices
- Uses usbdevs.txt for the USB devices
- Uses mondevs.txt for monitor descriptions
- Uses pcmdevs.txt for PCMCIA device descriptions.
- Windows 8 RTM V6.02 Build 9200 support validated and driver ACPI operations enabled.
- Updated the [SMB Bus] support to when possible interlock using the INUSE_STS semaphore that is implemented in most Intel SMBus controllers (ICH1 and later). Some third party SMBus drivers incorrectly leave the INUSE_STS semaphore in a claimed state after they have completed their operations. When SIV detects this it will temporarily stop using INUSE_STS and indicate it has done this by un-checking INUSE on the [SMB Bus] panel. Note that SIV uses both the INUSE_STS semaphore and the Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method mutex.
- Added the [Chipset SMBus] panel which shows the INUSE_STS semaphore state. If you see the checkbox ticked this indicates a third party SMBus driver has incorrectly left the INUSE_STS semaphore in a claimed state and should be updated.
- Added Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 and initial ASRock 970 Extreme3 + 990FX Extreme4 motherboard support.
- Added VIA VX11 chipset support.
- Added support for the Access_PCI mutex which is used to interlock critical access to PCI Configuration space.
- Resolved an issue with [Battery] Granularity reporting and tidied up the panel layout.
- Added [JMicron RAID] SMART reporting.
- Added -NORAID to disable SMART on RAID Array Drives.
- Added support for the On Semi ADP4000 and NCP4200 PMBus Power Controllers.
- Added [ACPI ASPT] that reports the ACPI SPTT information.
System Information Viewer 4.32