Published August 31, 2012 by Download Software
Earth Alerts is a Windows-based application that allows you to monitor in near real-time a variety of natural hazard events that are occurring anywhere around the world. Alert notifications, reports, and imagery provide the user with a convenient way to view natural phenomenon as they occur, whether close to home or some far-flung corner of the globe!
Earth Alerts uses a variety of online resources provided by organizations such as the National Weather Service, U.S. Geological Survey and Smithsonian Institution (just to name a few), to identify what sort of activities “Mother Earth” is currently dishing out on the planet.
To use Earth Alerts, you simply select the specific natural hazards — earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, tropical cyclones, wildland fires, landslides, severe weather, local weather, etc. — and the locations that interest you. The application will then automatically retrieve the latest information from various live data feeds available on the Internet and present it to you in a convenient arrangement of reports, maps and images.
- Global activity overview: earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, and tropical cyclones (typhoons, hurricanes, tropical storms, tropical depressions and other disturbances)
- Activity for user-selected Global locations (anywhere outside the U.S.): local earthquakes, local weather including current conditions, forecasts and satellite imagery
- United States activity overview: severe weather including special tornado and severe thunderstorm watches, volcanoes, wildland fires (wildfires), and landslide related hazards
- Activity for user-selected United States locations: local earthquakes; local wildland fires; local weather including NWS weather/hazard alerts, current conditions, forecasts and radar/satellite imagery
- Google Earth? integration provides visualizations of recent earthquake events, volcanoes, tropical cyclones, wildland fires and severe weather warnings. Google Earth? integration also provides high resolution views of any user-selected U.S. or Global location
- Visual and sound notifications on your Windows desktop identifying active alerts
- Email: information on any type of natural hazard tracked by Earth Alerts can be automatically sent as soon as an alert is raised; email messages contain the same alert reports and images as shown in the Earth Alerts application screens
- Mobile Phone: SMS/MMS messages containing summary alert information with related images (MMS enabled phones only) can be automatically sent to your mobile device; these notifications cover the most severe natural hazard events, including major earthquakes, tsunami watches/warnings, volcanic eruptions and tornado warnings
Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
Earth Alerts 2012.1.64